As a member of the Helmholtz Association, Forschungszentrum Jülich makes an effective contribution to solving major challenges facing society in the fields of information, energy, and bioeconomy. It focuses on varied tasks in the area of research management and utilizes large, often unique, scientific infrastructure. Come and work with around 6,100 colleagues across a range of topics and disciplines at one of Europe's largest research centres.
The Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) operates one of the most powerful supercomputing infrastructures in Europe and makes it available to researchers at Forschungszentrum Jülich, in Germany and Europe. The JSC’s research program includes the development of future computer architectures. JSC together with six European partners has setup the Maestro project, which is funded by the European Commission through its H2020 program. Maestro will build a data and memory-aware middleware framework that addresses the ubiquitous problems of data movement in complex memory hierarchies that exist at multiple levels of the HPC software stack.
For further information about Maestro visit https://www.maestro-data.eu/.
For the Maestro Team we are looking to recruit as soon as possible a
Research scientist Computer Science, Computational Science, Mathematics
- Implement and execute the co-design process during which application experts provide their needs and computer architectures and technologies experts explore the relevant design space
- Contribute to the design of the Maestro architecture, its implementation, testing, demonstration and validation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Maestro components
- Support operation of prototype systems
- University degree in Computer Science, Computational Science or Mathematics
- Strong background in computer architectures with experience in network architectures and technologies being desirable Experience in co-design is desirable
- Knowledge in a relevant area of computational science is desirable
- Experience in programming in C/C++ and in using scripting languages commonly used on Unix systems
- Experience in parallel programming and using parallel computer architectures
- Good command of English
- Ability and willingness to work in an international, interdisciplinary and distributed team, as well as to assume responsibility
Note that you do not need to fulfill all of these requirements to be considered for this position.
- Excellent research and computing infrastructure of one of the largest research centres in Europe, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Challenging and varied work in an interdisciplinary team as well as with leading technology providers A comprehensive further training programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and private life
- Limited until 31.08.2021 with possible longer-term prospects
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application via our online recruitment system!
Questions about the vacancy?
Contact us by mentioning the reference
number 2019-096: career@fz-jülich.de
Please note that for technical reasons
we cannot accept applications via