The Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science – INESC TEC is an Associate Laboratory with more than 30 years of experience in R&D and technology transfer. Present in 6 sites in the cities of Porto, Braga and Vila Real, INESC TEC incorporates 13 R&D Centres and one Associate Unit with complementary competences, always looking to the international market.
INESC TEC brings together more than 725 researchers, of which more than 350 have PhDs, forming a robust cluster with complementary skills and with notable international presence. INESC TEC invests in Scientific Research and Technological Development, as well as in Advanced Training and Consulting, Technology Transfer and supports the Establishment of new Technology-based Companies.
INESC TEC was created to act as an interface between the academic world, the world of industry and services and the public administration in Information Technologies, Telecommunications and Electronics (ITT&E).
- Develop science and technology that is capable of competing on a national and international level.
- Participate in the technical and scientific training of high-quality human resources to enhance the nation's capacities and encourage modernisation.
- Contribute to the development of the scientific and technological education system, modernising it and helping it to adapt in order to meet the needs of society and the economy.
- Promote and incubate business initiatives in order to improve R&D activities and encourage young researchers to take risks and use their initiative.
- Create a modern Portugal, a well-established economy and a high calibre society by following the objectives that have been outlined.
R&D MADE IN INESC TEC
13 R&D Centres
- CPES – Centre for Power and Energy Systems
- CTM – Centre for Telecommunications and Multimedia
- CAP – Centre for Applied Photonics
- CESE – Centre for Enterprise Systems Engineering
- CSIG – Centre for Information Systems and Computer Graphics
- CRIIS – Centre for Robotics in Industry and Intelligent Systems
- CRAS - Centre for Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- CITE – Centre for Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship
- C-BER - Centre for Biomedical Engineering Research
- LIAAD – Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support
- CRACS – Centre for Research in Advanced Computing Systems
- CEGI – Centre for Industrial Engineering and Management
- HASLab – High-Assurance Software Laboratory
1 R&D Associate Unit
- CISTER - Research Centre in Real-Time and Embedded Computing Systems