The Université catholique de Louvain is a French-speaking university located in six different locations including Charleroi. With a multicultural and multilingual environment, UCL is open to the world and hosts students and researchers from around the world. The university is highly ranked internationally and is a major employer in Wallonia and the Brussels region. UCL operates faculties, research institutes, and administration to fulfill the three missions of teaching, research, and service to society.
e-OMIX is a new project launched a UCLouvain and aims at establishing a new bioinformatic hub for sharing and leveraging omics data (collected from different platforms quantifying cellular molecular content) across different laboratories in Brussels and Wallonia for research and clinical purposes.
• Build bioinformatics pipelines processing single-omics data (mass spectrometry, high-throughput sequencing, etc.)
• Implement specific cloud-based storage and computation
• Develop solutions for the exchange and interoperability of large biological datasets (in accordance with HL7 FHIR standards)
• Develop and deploy specific modules to optimize experimental workflow, such as Quality Control or sample tracing
• Help with designing automated or semi-automated statistical analyses
• PhD in computer science, software engineering, or related field, or Master’s degree with 5-year work experience (senior position) or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field (junior position)
• Demonstrable experience with the following tools:
– Object-oriented programming (Java or C++)
– Data science, machine learning (Python), and/or statistical computing (R)
– Databases (PostgreSQL)
– Responsive Web applications (Spring, Vue.js, Bootstrap…)
– Professional software development (e.g., unit testing, version control, continuous integration, release cycles, Git, etc.)
– Cloud architectures
• Interest in biological or medical research
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
• Good written and oral communication skills, English proficiency
• Experience in biology, bioinformatics, health informatics, or in any position involving biological or medical data
• Experience with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
• Knowledge of R Bioconductor package
• Familiarity with open-source software distribution
• A collaborative work environment: The project is conjointly led by the Computational Biology (CBIO) and Computer Engineering (INGI) units from UCLouvain and will involve other major academic actors.
• The collaborator will be partly based in the A6K startup incubator in Charleroi, and partly home-based (with occasional travels to UCLouvain’s Brussels or Louvain-La-Neuve campuses)
• Flexible workhours
• Reimbursement of travel expenses
Candidates are invited to send their application (resume and cover letter) at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st 2024.
Number of offers available 1
Offer DescriptionSimulation of single and multiphase (bubbly) flows through 3-D porous electrodes for green hydrogen productionGreen hydrogen production based on water electrolysis powered by renewable electricity is gaining increasing interest an...
Offer DescriptionOne PhD position is available at UCLouvain, Brussels, Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join the lab of Dr. Patrick Gilon.Fellowship: A PhD fellowship is available to conduct a research project in the la...
Offer DescriptionA 1-year (renewable) postdoctoral position in biostatistics / computational biology is open in the non-clinical biostatistics unit of ISBA (Institute of Statistics, Biostatistics, and Actuarial Sciences) at UCLouvain in Belgium.Th...
Offer DescriptionThe applicant will join the ENSG to work on leading-edge research topics in crossroad of networking and systems to build a sustainable IT infrastructure. The group is composed of the PI and 3 PhD students, with fundings for 1 new ...
Offer DescriptionOne postdoctoral fellow position is available at UCLouvain, Brussels, Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated researcher to join the lab of Dr. Patrick Gilon.Fellowship: A 3-year position (2 years with possibility of 1-year...
Offer DescriptionThe experimental high energy physics group of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain) in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) invites applications for one position at the post-doctoral level to join its efforts in the upgrade of th...